Pasteuriser inspection and heat exchanger testing
Within the food, brewing, drink and pharmaceutical industries there is an ever present risk of product contamination that, if undetected, could result in product recalls, damage to brand names and, in the worst case, serious illness or death.
Independent Integrity Inspection Limited (INDEi) as a supplier of non destructive testing and inspection services can form a crucial part of any “Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)” programme for the thorough and definitive testing of pasteurisers and heat exchangers. INDEi have developed a testing method which utilises the pressurised conductivity differential system which ensures the detection of any through-thickness cracks and proves the integrity of plate and tubular gaskets in heat exchangers and pasteurisers.
The integrity testing of plate, tubular and scraped pasteurizers and heat exchangers to detect for cross contamination has become a critical element of a preventative maintenance programme for leading producers.
Regular heat exchanger and pasteuriser testing helps ensure early detection of a crucial problem before it becomes apparent as a health risk.
In addition to the Pressurised Conductivity Integrity Test, the exact location of the defective plate(s) or tubular section within the heat exchanger or pasteuriser can be achieved by a supplementary testing method utilising our ultrasonic acoustic equipment enabling the testing engineer to identify the individual component within the suspect section.
Our method of integrity testing is efficient, cost effective and provides a very quick solution and being completely independent, INDEi operates to the highest standard of service and impartiality when carrying out on-site integrity testing.
If you have a requirement for plate, tubular or scraped heat exchanger testing or pasteuriser inspection, please contact us today for a quality service and competitive pricing.
• The integrity test is carried out in-situ and does not require the heat exchanger / pasteuriser to be disassembled;
• Any residual water or other liquids remaining in the plant does not hinder our testing method;
• The chemical solution is non toxic and non-corrosive and quickly removed by CIP;
• Minimal disruption / downtime to production;
• A typical heat exchanger / pasteuriser can be tested within an hour;
• 3µm particle system filtration allows accurate defect detection;
• No false alarm or other spurious readings associated with the gas detection methods;
• Far superior to the hydrostatic test method which is only suitable for the detection of gross defects and certainly not suitable for fine cracks or other through-thickness imperfections in large plate heat exchangers;
• Gaskets condition and integrity are examined as part of the overall test;
• Exact plate location.
ISO 9001 : 2015 registered quality management system. BSI certificate number FS 510584